BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 28, 2010

blur

I've felt so out of it the past few days.  Don't know if it's high consumption of sugar or some freak detachment phase about to set in ( I read about things like that happening to people living overseas, though I'm sure this is not the case) but it's been odd.  Just got off the phone with my mom.  It was nice talking to her.  Sometimes it doesn't seem like I'm that far from home.  Technology makes everything so easy.  I think back to years ago when people had to communicate solely by letters that would take months to arrive.  Now all we have to do is hit a couple of buttons or hook up a mic and we can even SEE our family members on the other side of the world.  What's even weirder is that when I talk to my brother on the Skype webcam,  he's in the past and I am in the future. It's a little crazy.

I bought a beautiful scroll last weekend for my father.  It's his birthday next week and I'm going to send it out tomorrow...there is a certain service that claims packages arrive in three days. It's worked before so hopefully it works again this time too.  I also had my younger students make him birthday cards...they are pretty cute.  One girl drew a beautiful picture and placed a large, looming 59 on top of the decadent fish birthday cake.  (I told them my Baba likes to go fishing).

I'm sure my dad will appreciate that, given that he is only turning 56.  I think. :)

The weeks are blurring together so quickly now...can't believe I leave for Thailand in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment